Pages

Adriana Lima's Pregnancy Pounds Struggle

Sexy Victoria's Secret Angel Adriana Lima's svelte body has been the picture of perfection in recent swimsuit photo shoots, but the model now reveals that it wasn't always that way.The Brazilian-born beauty said gaining pregnancy pounds was an uncomfortable experience, and the stress involved with getting back her pre-baby bod after giving birth to daughter Valentina in 2009 was even worse.


Sexy Victoria's Secret Angel Adriana Lima's svelte body has been the picture of perfection in recent swimsuit photo shoots, but the model now reveals that it wasn't always that way.The Brazilian-born beauty said gaining pregnancy pounds was an uncomfortable experience, and the stress involved with getting back her pre-baby bod after giving birth to daughter Valentina in 2009 was even worse.
She told FOX, “I was really worried, I did gain a lot of weight – let’s say more than 25 pounds. I ate whatever I wanted – my daughter was my first priority. I tried to keep her healthy, eat healthily, and exercise but not too much. I did light walks and things like that."
Adriana also said that it took her a year to get back her bikini body, and has kindly offered up a few tips on how new moms can slim back down. She dished, “My first advice is not to eat sugar and oil – that will help a lot. But if you get stressed about it, it is not good for you and you won’t lose weight. Even if you are working out and you’re on a diet, you are not going to lose weight.”
Nonetheless, entering the realm of model mommyhood definitely does have an aesthetic upside too – as proven by Lima’s very evident extra glow, “What can I say? It’s the hormones,” she laughed. “I’m so blessed to give birth, really blessed and lucky.”